A small crack or chip in your windshield may seem like no big deal, but really, it’s an issue you should have our professionals take care of right away. At DGC Glass Systems, LLC, we’ve put together a list of our top reasons why windshield repair/replacement isn’t a car maintenance task you should put off. Call us today if you want to get your damaged windshield taken care of!
1. It can compromise your vision—Have you ever tried to use a cellphone with a cracked screen? It’s pretty hard to do. Your car’s windshield is no different – if it has cracks and dings in it, you’re going to have a harder time seeing the road in front of you.
2. Small cracks can quickly get larger—That tiny crack or chip in your windshield may not seem like a problem since it’s so small. But, with any fluctuation in temperature outside or a bump in the road, it can quickly turn into a large chip or crack that spreads across your entire windshield.
3. You put your safety at risk—The more cracks and chips in your windshield, the weaker it becomes. If you were to get into a crash, your windshield could shatter into shards of glass that could injure you and your passengers.
4. A damaged windshield can’t support your car frame—Your windshield plays a big role in supporting the structural integrity of your car frame. In the event of a crash, your windshield supports your car’s roof and contributes to the air bags deploying correctly.
5. You could get a ticket—If a small chip has turned into a larger crack, you could be ticketed for driving a vehicle that’s unsafe.
6. Windshield repair doesn’t take long—Taking care of a damaged windshield is a task that doesn’t take very long. In fact, most windshield repairs and even full replacements take under an hour to complete.