It is hard not to be in awe when looking at a towering skyscraper with sunlight glistening off the glass windows and other architectural elements. If you want to have a building that creates that emotion and have glass that provides other benefits as well, turn to us at DGC Glass Systems, LLC. Here are some of the types of glass you can choose for your building.
- Reflective Glass- There are several advantages of reflective glass, including providing a bold appearance that is highly visible and reducing interior glare in the process. The drawback is that it can cause glare outside, so it should be used with attention to traffic flow and driver visibility.
- Ballistic Glass- This is a good option if you have a high-risk business, such as a bank, pharmacy or jewelry store, or if you want to provide added safety for your staff.
- Blast-Resistant Glass- Blast-resistant glass is even stronger than ballistic glass to provide ultimate safety and protection from potential terrorist attacks, automobiles hitting your building, or other threats.
- Hurricane Glass- Technologically advanced hurricane windows provide protection from severe weather and are advisable for any building in a hurricane-prone area, especially if it will be used as a shelter.
- Wired Glass- This type of glass is mostly recommended for skylights and areas where falling debris could endanger occupants. The wire is designed to hold the glass fragments together and hold up the debris so it doesn’t fall.
- Glass Blocks- Glass blocks provide a visually appealing aspect that lets light through while providing visual obscuration.