Hurricane windows could offer many benefits to your home or business.
If you are considering new windows for your home or business in Raleigh, North Carolina, there are many reasons to look at new, technologically-advanced hurricane windows. In the case of strong storms and hurricane force winds, hurricane windows will protect your property better than other windows. Hurricane windows are designed to be impact resistant. Generally, they have a strong polymer interlayer that is sandwiched between two panes of glass. This structure means that you won’t need storm shutters or to board up if a strong storm heads your way, but there are many other advantages to investing in this type of window as well.
Here are some of the other advantages of hurricane windows for your home or business:
- Superior UV protection: Because of the structure of these windows, almost all UV rays are blocked, which protects your interior furnishings from fading.
- Noise reduction: Less noise will bother you inside your home or business.
- Increased energy efficiency: Save money on your heating and cooling costs because you’ll reduce heat loss and gain.
- Added safety and security: If someone breaks your window, the interlayer will hold the shattered glass together, making it safer and easier to clean up. It also increases the security of your building and reduces smash and grab theft.
- Added value and reduced insurance premiums: Investing in hurricane windows can add real value to your property and it can even save you money on your insurance premiums.
If it is time to invest in new windows anyway, it is a great time to consider hurricane windows. Call us today here at DGC Glass Systems, LLC to discuss adding hurricane windows to your property or if you have any other glass needs at your home or business near Raleigh.